Below are links and headings to the different sections to this page.
At 98.6TheMix, we feel that DJ and listener interaction is an important part of our station for everyone. Sure, anyone can push buttons, play music and talk, but who are the people behind that? How do you know when they're going to be on the air or what there show is about?
Below you will find the ways we have for you to interact with us. We must caution you that not all DJs may utilize all services with the exception of the listeners list.
The listeners list is where you will get notified via email by upcoming shows and happenings on 98.6TheMix! Listeners List (Opens a new browser window) You can also respond to any posts, however they will only go to the poster.
Our TeamTalk server is the number one hangout spot for djs and listeners on 98.6TheMix! We have a few rules you need to be aware of before joining us.
- There will be no sexual talk of any type. This includes conversations/jokes about sex, making direct or indirect advances towards anyone online, or anything of that nature!
- Your display name must reflect either your real name or how you want to be known. You may not use the name of another person or represent yourself as someone else.
For example, you could have the name Rachel or Mad Dog. However, something like, ďIím in love with Mad DogĒ is not acceptable. We also ask that you do not change your display name while on the server.
- Do not repeatedly come on and off the TeamTalk server. Itís fine if you come on and off once to see who is online, but donít do it again five minutes later. If you are experiencing technical difficulties, please either text or send a private message to one of the admins or anyone on the server who you know can help.
- Do not do anything intentional to disrupt a dj or show that is currently in progress. This means, do not try to distract a DJ when he/she is talking on air by verbal or text means. We also encourage DJs to mute TeamTalk when doing Voice Breaks. Also, if a show is streaming on TeamTalk, do not use your media stream to override the show.
- Only channels that are designated as on air may be transmitted on a show or recording for later use. Anyone who does not want to be heard on a live show should remain silent during talk breaks and inform the Dj that they intend to remain silent. Private show channels are to be considered on air channels. Channels such as the main 986themix channel or ones that do not have the on-air designation may not be transmitted under any circumstances regardless of peopleís consent.
- Please use headphones when coming on the server. This is important whether you are on the computer or phone. If you are unable to use headphones, please switch to push to Talk mode so that others on the server do not hear loud background noise or echoes. Also, when not using headphones and push to talk is enabled, please keep your volume at an extremely low level for the same reasons.
If you break the rules, then the following will occur:
- First, you will be given an official warning by a present admin. A warning is not official until given verbally and written in a private TT message. It will be clearly stated that this is an official warning and not a mere request.
- Second violation will be removing you from the channel. Do not come back in until you have corrected the problem.
- Third violation will you will be kicked from the server.
- Fourth violation will result in a ban. We will allow a one-time appeal after 15 days. Violation of the first rule may result in getting banned sooner if we feel peopleís comfort and safety are at risk. Banns resulting from the first rule cannot be appealed.
If you do not have the TeamTalk program, then you may click here to download it directly from there website. Screen reader users will want to set up the accessible client mode.
After installing the program, You can click on the TeamTalk Server
to join us!
TeamTalk is also available on iPhone and Android. If the link does not work for you, then use the manual settings below.
- Server name is 986themix.
- Server address is tthub.org
- Change both ports to 10023
- No user name or password.
If you're on the computer hit f4, and on the phone, go to preferences and be sure to set your nickname so we know who you are! Please enjoy your stay here on our server!
Our blog is another way that we interact with our listeners. We highly recommend you add it to your favorites or find our rss feed. Like our twitter, we can use it to keep you updated if there is a problem with the web server.
You can follow us on twitter by adding @986themix to get info as well. You may also click on the twitter link to go directly to the twitter feed and add us there. In the event of a site outage, Twitter and the blog allow us to still communicate with you since they are off site. Also, when we send out tweets, we love it if you retweet them (especially if the tweets are about upcoming shows) as it helps spread the word about us!!
We use identifying tags so you know who's posting. They are as follows :
- ^HA Herbie Allen.
- ^Herbie, It's used by Herbie when the tweet isn't too long.
- ^JR Jared Rimer
- ^Tim Timmothy
- ^do DJDoug
- ^tc DJ Tigercub
- ^djk DJ Kayla
- ^e-man DJ Eman
You can email a request to the current on air DJ by visiting our request form. Some DJs may choose to use there email addresses in addition to or instead of the above form.
Our user name, is themix986
Please, when you add us, identify yourself as a listener so we know we're not adding a spammer.
While skype offers the ability to both talk live to the DJ via audio, video, or text chat every dj has there own personal preference as to how they want to use skype. They will indicate on there shows how they prefer you to contact them.
Copyright 2014 - 2019
by 98.6 the mix in cooperation with the Jared Rimer Network. All jingles and promos are done by Nick Baker of Nab Productions. No portions of this website may be reproduced without written consent of 98.6 the Mix or the Jared Rimer Network.
We would like to thank the following contributers:
- the Jared Rimer Network for web hosting services
- Ultrahost our provider for Internet Radio broadcasting services. Please feel free to check out their web-hosting and streaming plans.
- GRC Inc. for allowing us to run Security Now!
- last but not least, Nab productions who give us our awsome jingles